Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Hello, all!

Seasons greetings to all!  Living one day at a time by faith.  Things are slowly starting to peek through the curtains of obscurity as to what God's plan is for my life.  Certain people are basically pissing me off more and more as I learn more about God's Word.

Why???!!!

The answer is simple.  People-especially those who are not saved by Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ-are dumb as shit to be completely real.

Sorry.  I am hard pressed not to be angry because it's difficult to have patience with utter stupidity.

Sorry, well, not sorry.

I've had severe bipolar for 25 years.  At first, I didn't know what was bothering me because during the 1980s "Manic-depression," as it was called was not something you spoke about publicly.  There was a shame attached to having mental illness in those days.  Currently, with a stigma nearly lifted, mental illness is now starting to be recognized as a disability.

I caught up with my disease and how our society views it years in the 21st century realizing the insidious harm it does to the mind, body and spirit.  While building a case for disability, I also discovered that I struggle with severe OCD and severe anxiety disorder.  Mood normalcy was never in the cards for me.  Severe mood swings coupled with panic attacks that were so intense that I had to be hospitalized four times within four years.

With the help of medicine and my faith, I managed to climb the ladder to somewhat normalcy.  During my journey, I found that I have a love for technology, fashion and various forms of art such as photography.  I started a blog on mental wellness and created a Web site documenting my own devotions.  I wrote articles about up-and-coming fashionistas and others in the fashion industry.  I self-published two children's books.

I changed from full-time to part-time work in order to reduce my stress levels while exercising my socialization skills.  I never desired to live my life as a shut-in willing to be pitied.  I aim to strengthen my compassion for others.  I still shoot for the stars while staying in the middle to keep my focus and balance.  I am loving my life.  I love me!

I keep it real in my here, but I don't allow my circumstances to affect my joy.  I know my limitations, but I don't accept them as my future.  

Catch ya later! Love and live.

Love ya,  Laurie 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, March 23, 2023

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Saturday, June 24, 2023